Geographic Information Systems professional with 10 years experience working with a variety of GIS software and tools for radargrammetry analysis, digital elevation modelling and environmental analysis. Helped to develop GIS tools using programming and scripting software. Life-long interest in mapping.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of GIS concepts and tools
- Extensive knowledge of radargrammetry applications such as surface modelling
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to new ideas and new technology
- Strong programming and problem solving skills
- Creative thinker
- Excellent communication skills and able to work in a team
- GIS Software such as ArcGIS 9.x, 10.x, Global Mapper, PCI Geomatica, SOCET SET, AutoCAD
- Open-source GIS software such as GDAL, QGIS, Grass
- Relational database systems using SQL, SQLite
- MS Office
- DOS, Windows 7, Linux
MDA Corporation, Ottawa, Ontario
09/2010 - present
- Produced and edited quality 3-D digital elevation models (DEM) based on clients' needs for approximately 1.2 million square kilometres
- Worked within a team environment to develop ways to improve the production and editing of the DEMs
- Improved efficiency by automating much of the process used in the production and editing of the DEMs using Python and other scripting languages and GIS software
- Researched and implemented a variety of open-source GIS software in an effort to cut costs and processing time
- Assisted with the production of GIS and InSAR tools
Intermap Technologies Inc., Ottawa, Ontario
02/2007 - 12/2009
- Created quality 3-D digital earth models for clients
- Edited for the production of 3-D earth models (digital surface models & digital terrain models) for clients
- Supported other Product Teams within Intermap
- Assisted in the development and delivery of the NEXTMap Europe project (a 3-D digital model of Europe, approximately 2.4 million km2 within an 18 month period.)
- Assisted in the development and delivery of other small projects for clients
- Reviewed mapsheets (over 2 million km2 in total) for errors just before delivery to clients.
- Refined mapsheets using ArcGIS to meet clients' requirements.
- Created scripts using Python to improve the delivery process of the 3D products
- Arranged for 100% on time delivery of data to clients.
Government of Canada, Gatineau, Quebec
05/2005 - 04/2006
- Assisted in the development of web maps for the Environment Canada website of water quality data from over 400 water quality stations across Canada
- Assisted in developing and maintaining approximately a dozen web pages for the Environmental Indicators website on the Environment Canada site
- Assisted in the arrangement and taking minutes for dozens of meetings at Environment Canada
- Assisted in the preparation of at least 2 workshops for the purpose of distribution of their information to other employees at Environment Canada
- Created approximately 3 interpolated GIS maps in projects for Environment Canada
- Worked with a team of approximately 6 people at Environment Canada to create a web map on water quality data from over 400 locations across Canada. The programs used to create the web map were Chameleon and MapServer
Carleton University Ottawa, Ontario
B.A. Honours in Geography
2001 - 2006
Relevant Courses Completed
- Introduction to Geographic Information Systems
- Geospatial Analysis
- Applications of Geographic Information Systems
- Cartographic Theory and Design
- Advanced Topics in GIS
- Analytical and Computer Cartography
- Urban Planning
- Transportation Engineering and Planning
- Introduction to Object-Oriented Programming
- Design and Implementation of Computer Applications
- Introduction to Systems Programming
- Carried out a university project to look at how a community in Ottawa could be revitalized into an urban village.
- Web Map application research for and writing an honours paper on GIS and Web Mapping.
- Team leader for a university project.